# 🌱️ Create & Setup
No one likes to read long & non-practical documentation, so here are simple actionable steps to get your DAO set up in minutes.
# Create a DAO
Creating a Fellowship DAO is a matter of a few minutes. All you need is an existing MultiversX wallet and a little bit of $SUPER (opens new window).
To quickly get started:
- Connect on superciety.com (opens new window)
- Visit the Fellowship Setup page: superciety.com/fellowships/create (opens new window)
- Choose a name & a short description for your project or community
- Submit the form and sign the prompted blockchain transaction
This process will create a new smart contract on the blockchain which serves as the foundation of your DAO.
# Voting Method
As a next step, you will be asked to select a method used for creating & voting on proposals.
The available methods are
- ESDT [new] - Use an entirely new ESDT (opens new window) for voting
- ESDT [existing] - Use an existing ESDT (opens new window) for voting
- NFT [existing] - Use an existing NFT (opens new window) collection for voting
- Multisig - Continue without a token and vote based on roles & permissions
To ensure your DAO operates at the highest level of security standards, we require publicly visible DAOs to transfer token management rights to their Fellowship smart contracts.
# Set an Logo/Avatar
# [Logo] Upload any Image
To upload a Logo, create a proposal with a Ticket of Type 'Fellowship Logo Update' attached. After you proposed the Ticket and executed the Ticket, the Logo will be shown.
# [Avatar] Use an existing NFT
Similar to SUPERIDs, Fellowships can have an NFT Avatar too. In fact, they even use the same smart contract. In order to set or update a Fellowship's Avatar, create a proposal with a Contract Call action and select the SUPERID smart contract from the dropdown list:
At the time of writing, the transaction to set an Avatar requires a payment of 50 $SUPER (opens new window). If your Fellowship is not a proud owner of $SUPER (opens new window) yet, you can easily deposit some into your Fellowship's Vault.
# Add Social Links
Social links help users quickly find the official social platforms of your Fellowship. You can add & update them using a proposal Ticket of the type 'Fellowship Socials Update':
# Register Custom Smart Contracts
Fellowships can register their own Smart Contracts to allow users to easily interact with them. The registration can be done by creating a Ticket of type Contract Register via a Proposal:
Once verified, users can then add the Smart Contract to their Favorites on the Settings page and find them in the selection field of the Contract Call proposal action.
# Get Verified
Superciety verifies Fellowships to further ensure safety for our users when interacting with Fellowship DAOs in the ecosystem. They are more likely to appear on Explore pages.
Verified Fellowships are displayed with a blue badge next to their name.
Requirements for Fellowship DAO verification:
- Must have a Logo or Avatar set
- Must have an official website set
- Must be public at the time of verification
- Must have an active community voting on their proposals
- Must have been active over the last 30 days
- Must have leaders with fully set up SUPERIDs
- Must not have previous violations of Superciety Rules
We reserve the right to change requirements and verification statuses any time without notice.